Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2022

Justice Alito's leaked draft opinion on Roe v Wade is the immediate impetus to fire up my old blog, Rational Basis. I did a Zoom discussion of my initial thoughts on the draft opinion. Here is a link to the audio of that discussion. I will be adding more thoughts on this opinion and what it means in the coming days (or hours!)

Rational Basis went by the wayside when I got enamored with Facebook and other things (like running a law school). In any event, I need something to do now that I am retired and the discussion about the Allito opinion reminded me how much I love talking about the law but also that I may still have something to offer people.

I retired from law school teaching, a job I held since 1983, with pride but also trepidation. I am proud of what I have accomplished as a teacher, scholar, Dean, and public servant. During that time, I had the privilege of meeting and teaching thousands of students who have gone to do great things in Arkansas and beyond. I also retired from the Clinton School of Public Service where I was one of the Inaugural Professors and had the privilege of teaching the very first class on the very first day. 

The blog will be a mix of politics, law, music, food, and culture. I can say things that I couldn't say before because I am no longer associated with the UALR Bowen School of Law or the Clinton School. I also want to be able to say things with a bit more depth and nuance than I can in a Twitter or Facebook post.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the posts!
    However, the audio is only silence unless it’s my phone.

    ReplyDelete